Saturday, September 1, 2012

"Pro-Life"

Though I consider myself to be "Pro-Choice" I can certainly understand and relate to this by Joan Chittister, a Benedictine Sister and a best-selling author and well-known international lecturer on topics of justice, peace, human rights, women's issues, and contemporary spirituality in the Church and in society.

‎"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed.

 And why would I think that you don't?

 Because you don't want any tax money to go there. 

That's not pro-life.

 That's pro-birth.

 We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

No comments: