Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chicken!

Back in May I saw this recipe for chicken on the grill on the Today Show. (On the link scroll down to the second recipe.) Since then we've tried it several times. Since I don't have fruitwood I use charcoal. Come winter I don't see why you couldn't use the oven. We don't use a loaf pan but a disposable poultry pan that is lined with foil.

Here are the steps:

Mix the applesauce and Worcestershire sauce, combine the dry ingredients as per the recipe. The size of the chicken determines the amount used.


Next you coat the inside and outside with the sauce mixture, then do the same with the spice mixture. Place it on the grill with the coals on one side and the bird on the other.

After about an hour I turn the chicken around so everything is evenly cooked. Depending on the amount of coals the size of the chicken, and other mysterious factors the cooking time will vary - the recipe calls for two hours. Just as you do in oven cooking, if needed put foil on parts that you don't want to get too black.


Here's the finished product -

2 comments:

Meggilizz said...

YUM!! That looks really good! I don't think my grill is big enough to cook a whole bird so I'll have to try out the oven. :)

Pilgrim said...

Looks good. Could I do this on a gas grill?